IGNORED

The Terminal - Gameplay Video

essell

theterminal.gif

I've been working on this level for months [as a uni project], and it's finally finished to the point where I made a video of me playing through it. It's called The Terminal, and it was my attempt to make something with the existing HL2 art assets, that mostly revolves around action set-pieces, and falls in line with the existing themes of the HL2 story.

terminal001thumb.jpg

terminal003thumb.jpg

terminal004thumb.jpg

terminal006thumb.jpg

It's currently best viewed in my portfolio site, and I'm all up for any feedback and critique and stuff:

www.essell.org/portfolio/leveldesign.php

Cheers :(

It perhaps would be better, to perhaps make it a bit more intense. It would be cool, after you've taken the first Strider down. To go over a walkway, and have another Strider battle - as you've got that ammo box there. Plus it would make the level more interesting, and not as flat as you've got it at the moment.

Plus a few more combine and the flying things. But I liked when the combine entered, and threw a grenade - the crafty buggers. It's a bit short as well, a surprise near the end would be good.

Otherwise, it's cool.

Cheers, peeps.

Mr Do: I agree that the level is flatter than I would have liked. I initially wanted the gunfight in the street [and the eventual strider conflict] to be happening down a hill, but after some playing around it just seemed like too big a [mind]job in terms of constructing the thing. I had a strict deadline to finish this for because it was a uni project, and if I aimed any higher or more epic, I doubt I could've finished it in time [and this is assuming that I didn't churn out a really bad design in the process]...

When can it be played?

Probably not anytime soon, unfortunately, as the level isn't really in the state to be distributed at the moment. Although it was just about finished to the point where I could record a decent video with it, there are a bunch of things I'd really need to fix before I let the internet play it [and make a mockery of the crap bits] ^_^

a surprise near the end would be good.

But there was a suprise at the end, if the G-man counts.

Good work Steve. The bit at the end with all the civilian bodies after the combine had swept through was a nice touch.

How's Walker coming along?

But there was a suprise at the end, if the G-man counts.

Good work Steve. The bit at the end with all the civilian bodies after the combine had swept through was a nice touch.

Cheers. The G-man appears very briefly at the very start too - he walks away from the glass doors when the player turns round to look at them. It's really hard to see it in this particular video though.

Walker is... way behind. Our whole group has been so caught up with final projects and a couple of other modules afterwards, that we've barely touched it in months. The deadline's in a week, and I'm annoyed to say that it's probably going to be pretty unfinished :unsure: